Spring is the perfect time for home improvement projects because of its mild weather. And, now that you’ve gotten a detailed estimate and have decided on the look of your new windows, the only thing left is the actual installation. But how do you make sure your home is prepared for installation day?
- Any tree branches or tall shrubbery located right next to your windows will require trimming. This is especially crucial in spring when most foliage is starting to bloom. By cutting back tree limbs and other greenery, your window installer will have easier access to the windows.
- Remove plants, photos, knick-knacks and other decorative items from your window sill area. Any furniture and valuables that might hamper access to the windows should be moved somewhere else in the meantime.
- For items that are too heavy or big to move, just cover them with plastic sheeting. You can also purchase drop cloths to protect your floors. You can always ask your window contractor first if this will be necessary. Most of the time, they’ll handle this part of the process themselves. Renewal by Andersen® of Arkansas, for example, makes sure that our window technicians use protectie footwear as well as drop cloths and drapes to minimize possible mess and damage to your home. Whether the project involves window replacement or new door installation, we aim to leave your home cleaner than when we found it.
- Take down hanging pictures and window treatments like curtains and blinds. If you own a security system with window sensors, you might want to deactivate it before your window contractor starts working.
- Keep your children and pets safe. There will be workers carrying heavy materials and equipment in and out of your home. For this reason, make sure your small children and pets are kept away from the work area. Have them stay with your close neighbors or relatives until the work is completed.
Make your project a worry-free experience by preparing beforehand – and it’s even better if you work with a professional with an exclusive window replacement process, such as Renewal by Andersen of Arkansas. You can trust us to install your new windows or sliding patio doors perfectly right the first time. Because we allow no room for mistakes, you’re always sure that your new units will provide proper operation and long-lasting performance. We are proud to serve homeowners in Springdale, AR, and the surrounding areas. Call us today at (479) 431-3555, or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation.