If you’re planning a window replacement this season, the first thing you can do is schedule a consultation with a local pro. But whether this is your first time with a replacement window company or you’re updating your home, it’s important to be prepared.
- Be clear as you can with your window company. You’ll have certain expectations about your window replacement, and that’s okay. Just make sure you and your contractor are on the same page about the details of your project, including your overall budget and possible timeline. Communicate your goals and concerns to them as well. By establishing clear communication with them beforehand, you can ensure a smoother process.
- Make sure you’re well-prepared for the interview. You’ll want to work with a trustworthy window replacement contractor so be prepared for a sit-down interview. Put together a few essential questions covering their licensing, insurance coverage and warranty. To give your window contractor a clearer idea about what your end goal is, show them photo inspirations or design ideas.
- Be there for the window estimate. Your window contractor will spend some time calculating a more accurate estimate for the project. This will contain the number of workers, cost of materials and project schedule, plus other important details. Get off to a good start by being available to hear the estimate. This will also provide you with an opportunity to ask any questions you might have about the project.
- Punctuality is important. Time is important to both you and your window contractor so always be on time for your appointments. This helps create respect and facilitates your new window installation or replacement being finished on time.
- Prepare your home for the window inspection. Take the initiative, and clear plants, knickknacks and other decorative items off your window sills. This makes the work area more accessible to your contractor. Any valuables and furniture that might hamper the window inspection should also be moved elsewhere. As they start the work, show your window contractor that you trust their skills and quality of work by giving them space.
When it comes to a safe and smooth window replacement process, trust only Renewal by Andersen® of Arkansas. We have always aimed for complete client satisfaction, ensuring accurate and detailed estimates, superior customer service and high-quality workmanship. We proudly serve the areas in and around Fayetteville, AR. Call us today at (479) 431-3555, or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation.